Monday, July 23, 2012

A Special weekend coming up...

This week end  marks the start of sidewalk sales in downtown Northampton. Every year at this time all the stores in town take it to the streets with deals on their merchandise that you won't want to miss.
Northampton Wools will participate this year on the corner of Armory and Pleasant. For the first time we will have a lot of room to display and set up the bargains on yarn and sweaters.
I am spending the first half of this week getting ready.. designing several unique, quick and simple hats and fingerless mitt patterns that I am putting into kit form with the yarn needed to make it. Let your summer knitting be easy and when fall and winter arrive you will have the right accessory ready for the cold, windy weather. Here is a sneak peek at one of the hat kits that will be on sale.


This past week end I met with a potter named Bruce Ross. He left 24 of his original yarn bowl designs sitting on my table ready for you to drool over. These bowls are only $35 and they are the perfect size for a ball of sock yarn or for keeping that lace yarn neat while you knit your shawl. Of course you can use it for other yarn too! Try one out when you shop with us this week end.


This week I am also working on a new schedule of workshops for August, so look at the classes page to see what will be happening in the last month of summer.
Remember, Knitting season never ends!
Linda Daniels

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Don't know if you remember me, but I stopped by your website looking for a Trigger Mitten pattern (Newfoundlanders refer to them as fishing mittens) and saw the great hat you're modeling. Hope you'll post how someone like me can order one. ;-)

    And if you know where I can find a 3-finger, aka trigger, aka fishing mitten, I'd be very interested.

    Thanks!
    Ingrid Holzman

    ReplyDelete